When a person decides to emigrate to Spain, he or she must complete several formalities in order to settle in the country. recognition of foreign qualifications. This procedure allows foreigners who have obtained a qualification outside our country to validate it in Spanish territory and exercise their profession or pursue related higher education studies.
In this article, we will explain how to homologate a foreign degree in SpainThe following is an overview of the process, how to start the online procedure and who can apply for it.
Who can homologate a foreign degree in Spain?
This procedure is reserved for the application for the approval of higher education degrees awarded by foreign institutions, to official Spanish Bachelor's or Master's degrees, giving access to the 36 professions regulated in Spain in the Annex I to Royal Decree 967/2014.
The homologation will allow access to the same conditions for holders of Spanish qualifications that enable them to practise in Spain.
Is validating and validating a foreign degree the same thing?
These terms can be confusing, but they are not the same thing. Homologate a foreign degree implies giving recognition to studies that have been carried out in the former farmer, in order to exercise the profession. However, validate foreign studies, The aim is to recognise them with the aim of giving them continuity in Spain.
Requirements for the homologation of a foreign degree in Spain
Many people wonder how to homologate a foreign degree in Spain and we will explain how to do this below. However, we would like to point out that our lawyers specialising in immigration lawThe Commission recommends that professional advice be sought throughout the process in order to analyse feasibility, expedite procedures and lodge the corresponding allegations or appeals.
It is also important to be aware that before starting the process of homologation of foreign qualifications, in Spain a number of documents need to be collected.
- Certified copy of the applicant's identity and nationality document. This document must be issued by the competent authorities of the applicant's country of origin or provenance or by the Spanish authorities with jurisdiction over foreigners.
- Certified copy of the degree for which homologation is requested or the certificate accrediting the issuance of the degree and its official translation into Spanish.
- Certified copy of the academic certificate of the studies completed. This document must state: the official duration of the studies, the academic years, the syllabus followed, the subjects taken and their timetable. In addition to its official translation into Spanish.
- Proof of payment of the rate 107.
- Accreditation of linguistic competence in order to be able to practise the approved profession in Spain.
How to homologate a foreign degree in Spain telematically
The Ministry of Education is the body responsible for managing the recognition of foreign degrees in Spain, whether they are Bachelor's or Master's degrees. However, this is a procedure that can be carried out online, with the aim of simplifying and speeding up the procedures.
In order to validate a foreign qualification telematically, you must access the Electronic Headquarters of the Ministry of Education and start the procedure. Once the application has been made, we can check its status by means of a tracking code that is automatically generated.
At Ódice Abogados we take care of the homologation of foreign qualifications in Spain.
The process of homologation of foreign qualifications in Spain, can be more complicated than it seems and often leads to a lot of doubts before, during and after starting the application.
That is why, from Ódice Abogados, law firm specialising in immigration lawWe recommend that you enlist the help of professionals to make the process as quick and easy as possible for you.
Contact our lawyers specialising in immigration law, We will be happy to help you.
You may be interested in: