The difficult economic situation in the post-pandemic era has been exacerbated by the war and, as a result, there has been a steady increase in inflation, which has manifested itself in basic goods such as food, fuel, electricity and gas.
In this context, the government has approved the National Plan (Royal Decree-Law 11/2022, 25 June) which includes urgent anti-crisis measures to support the most vulnerable groups and the most affected sectors, guarantee supplies and reduce energy prices, among others.
Eligibility criteria for the EUR 200 grant
Article 31 of RDL 11/2022 provides for a one-off direct grant of 200 euros for people with a low income and low assets.
To find out if you are entitled to this benefit, you should check whether you meet the following conditions:
- You have been legally and effectively resident in Spain uninterruptedly for the last year.
- Household income of less than 14,000 euros in 2021.
- Family assets whose value does not exceed 43,196.4 euros, excluding the family home.
- For these purposes, the family unit shall include all persons living with the beneficiary at the same address on 1 January 2022.
- Not receiving a minimum living income.
- Not receiving social security pensions or similar benefits.
The application may be made until 30 September via the Tax Agency: https://sede.agenciatributaria.gob.es/Sede/procedimientoini/GC51.shtml
50% rebate on state transport passes
Another anti-crisis measure adopted is the 50% reduction in the price of state transport passes for recurrent users.
The reduction shall apply from 1 September to 31 December 2022 for certain AVE and Avant routes. These discounts are in addition to the free use of multi-journey tickets for Cercanías, Rodalies and Media Distancia rail services.
The transport season tickets benefiting from this measure are:
- Tarjeta Plus Card Subscription
- Plus 10 Card
- Plus Card 10-45
As well as the following AVE routes:
- Medina del Campo-Zamora.
Increase of 15% in non-contributory pensions and maintenance of the Minimum Living Income
Paragraph eleven of the first article of RDL 11/2022 amends article 45 of RDL 6/2022 of 29 March, in order to recognise a extraordinary increase of the monthly payments of the minimum living income allowance from April to December 2022both inclusive, or those which are recognised and paid within that period.
The increase will be 15% and will be automatic as it is managed directly by the National Social Security Institute.
Similarly, a new article 45 bis is introduced in RDL 6/2022 of 29 March, which recognises the same extraordinary increase for all those who non-contributory pensions. However, in this case it shall have effect from 1 July to 31 December 2022.
Electricity, fuel and butane subsidies
Finally, the government has approved a series of measures aimed at reducing the cost of energy bills.
- It is prohibited to cut off the supply of electricity, gas or water to those users considered as vulnerable according to the requirements set out in the RD 897/2017 of 6 October.
The condition of vulnerable consumer can be accredited with the presentation of the last bill from the energy company in which the right to receive the social bonus is accredited.
- VAT limitation of the electricity to a 5%.
- Price of the fuelsThe 20 cents per litre fuel discount approved last March has been extended until 31 December 2022.
- The maximum price of the butane cylinder 19.55 euros until 31 December 2022. Specifically those weighing more than 8 kg and less than 20 kg.
Legal Assistance in Malaga - Personal Procedures and Formalities
From Ódice Abogados, law firm in BenalmádenaWe are at your disposal to consult any of the measures mentioned in the article, as well as other measures included in the National Plan.
Royal Decree-Law 11/2022 of 25 June adopting and extending certain measures to respond to the economic and social consequences of the war in Ukraine, to address situations of social and economic vulnerability, and for the economic and social recovery of the island of La Palma.