Spain joins the list of countries with a visa for digital nomads with the Startups Act and foreigners who wish to working remotely from Spain, can now apply for this new residence permit.
Who can apply for the Digital Nomad Visa in Spain?
There are three different profiles of foreigners who could benefit from the new residence permit:
- The foreigners teleworking from Spain (remotely) for a company based outside the national territory.
- Those known as digital nomadspeople who in many cases have different sources of online income and who travel from one country to another (including freelancers with clients all over the world).
- In addition, it is also envisaged to include a visa for persons working for a foreign company located in Spainincluding the audiovisual sector.
Duration of the visa for Digital Nomads in Spain
The duration of the Digital Nomad Visa in Spain is one year, extendable up to 5 years. After this period, you can apply for permanent residence in Spain.
In addition, the procedure requires that the applicant passes more than 183 days a year in Spain. The application is therefore linked to obtaining a temporary residence permit and a foreign identity card (NIE).
Requirements for obtaining a Digital Nomad Visa in Spain
- You must be a graduate or postgraduate from prestigious universities, vocational training and business schools of recognised prestige or have at least three years' professional experience.
- If you are self-employed you must be working for at least one company or client (which must be outside Spain), and it will be through the conditions of your contract that the possibility of working remotely is specified.
- If you are employed:
- To have a contract at least one year with the company which, in turn, must have been operating in the market for at least one year.
- Proof that the employment or professional relationship can be performed remotely.
- Prove that the employment or professional relationship between applicant and employer has existed for at least three months prior to application, as well as documents attesting to the terms and conditions of the distance activity
- Demonstrate possession of financial funds 25,000 or more (200% of the SMI) for the main applicant (and €9,441 for each additional family member, i.e. 75% of the SMI). To do so, you may choose to present the contract, payslips, certificate from the posting company or bank certificate of the balance in the bank account (if it is a foreign bank, a simple translation will be required).
In addition to:
- Provide your criminal record certificate with a maximum validity of 90 days.
- Submit a declaration of no criminal record for the last 5 years.
- Do not be banned from entering Spain.
- To have a private health insurance.
- Pay the rate 790 038.
- Submit the completed application form.
How to apply for a Digital Nomad Visa in Spain
The Visa for Digital Nomads in Spain you can apply from Spain for the first 90 days on a tourist visa or, from the Spanish consulate located in your home country.
Lawyer for foreigners to apply for a Digital Nomad Visa in Spain
Do you need legal advice and representation in immigration matters? At Ódice Abogados, a law firm in Málaga, we can help you.
Contact us through this form.
You may also be interested in: