What is a retirement pension?
This is a financial benefit consisting of a lifelong, single and imprescriptible pension, which is granted to the worker when, due to age, he/she stops working, either totally or partially.
- Full retirement: when the worker fulfils the general conditions for entitlement to a retirement pension and ceases to work altogether.
|Year||Contribution periods||Retirement age|
|2013||35 years and 3 months or more Under 35 years and 3 months||65 years 65 years and 1 month|
|2014||35 years and 6 months or more Less 35 years and 3 months||65 years 65 years and 2 months|
|2015||35 years and 9 months and over Less 35 years and 3 months||65 years 65 years and 3 months|
|2016||36 years or older Less than 36 years||65 years 65 years and 4 months|
|2017||36 years and 3 months or more Less 36 years and 3 months||65 years 65 years and 5 months|
|2018||36 years and 6 months and over Less 36 years and 6 months||65 years 65 years and 6 months|
|2019||36 years and 9 months or more Less 36 years and 9 months||65 years 65 years and 8 months|
|2020||37 years and over Less than 37 years||65 years 65 years and 10 months|
|2021||37 years and 3 months or more Less 37 years and 3 months||65 years old 66 years old|
|2022||37 years and 6 months or more Less 37 years and 6 months||65 years 66 years and 2 months|
|2023||37 years and 9 months or more Less 37 years and 9 months||65 years 66 years and 4 months|
|2024||38 years and over Under 38||65 years 66 years and 6 months|
|2025||38 years and 3 months or more Less 38 years and 3 months||65 years 66 years and 8 months|
|2026||38 years and 3 months or more Less 38 years and 3 months||65 years 66 years and 10 months|
|From 2027||38 years and 6 months and over Less 38 years and 6 months||65 years 67 years|
- Partial retirement: makes it possible to combine a pension from the social security system with a part-time job.
Workers who have reached the ordinary retirement age and meet the requirements may take advantage of this modality, provided that their working hours are reduced by between a minimum of 25% and a maximum of 50%, without the need for the simultaneous conclusion of a relief contract.
- Age: To have fulfilled the ordinary agewith some exceptions.
- Minimum contribution periodFifteen years, at least two of which must have been within the fifteen years immediately preceding the time of entitlement.
- Causative event:
- Discharged workers: The day of cessation of activity.
- Assimilated workersThe date of submission of the application, except in the case of an enforced leave of absence, the date of termination of employment, and in the case of a transfer outside the national territory, the date of termination of employment.
- Non-discharged workersThe day of submission of the application.
The receipt of the retirement pension is incompatible with:
- The performance of any work by the pensioner, whether employed or self-employed, which gives rise to his inclusion in the social security system.
- The holding of a post in the public sector or senior management positions.
However, the pension may be combined with the following jobs:
- Self-employment for which the annual income does not exceed the minimum wage on an annual basis.
- The exercise of the activity carried out on a self-employed basis by professional members.
- Persons "accessing" retirement will be able to combine their pension with part-time work under the terms of the pension scheme (partial retirement).
- Retirement pensioners may combine the receipt of the "accrued" pension with part-time work under the terms established (flexible retirement).
As a pensioner, you are obliged to inform the respective managing body of this before starting work.
The Social Security provides citizens with a service that allows them to simulate the age at which they can retire and the approximate amount based on the data and contributions made to date.
What do you need to do it?
- Once identified in Tu Seguridad Social, go to the "Work" section and click on "Simulate your retirement".
Link: Social Security
At Ódice Abogados we offer specialised advice according to the specific needs of our clients in the following areas Labour and Social Security matters in Malaga.
- Retirement, partial retirement and early retirement pensions in Malaga.
- Widow's and widower's pensions, orphan's pensions, disability pensions.
- Incapacity for work in Malaga.
- Sick leave due to occupational accident, sick leave due to common illness, sick leave due to occupational illness, temporary incapacity for work.
- Motherhood and fatherhood, reduction in working hours, leave on personal groundschildcare allowance, breastfeeding, childcare allowance.
- Proceedings to claim social security benefits in Malaga.
- Assistance and representation and defence in court.
- Advice on work-life balance and workers' rights.